Before troubleshooting the software of the PC please ensure the connections from the PC to the board and to the monitor are correct. The monitor should have 2 cables in it. One power and one video which should go to the PC. Please ensure that your monitor also has the power light on it. This will eliminate any issues going further.
- If the light on your monitor comes on then goes off it is likely that it is not receiving a signal. Please let us know if this is the case and one of our Tech's will come and replace the cable.
- The Interactive White Board / Projector has multiple different cables going into it. You would normally find these connections on the wall plate near to your PC
2. Windows Troubleshooting
A lot of the time windows can cause this issue when exiting power points or full screen applications. To revert this, please follow the steps below.
- Identify if you have a Windows keyboard or an Apple (mac) keyboard.
- For windows press and hold the four flagged key in the bottom left hand side keep this held in until step 2.
- For apple keyboards press and hold the CMD key located in the same place
- tap the letter P and release both keys. A menu should pop up on the right hand side showing options: PC Screen Only ~ Duplicate ~ Extend ~ Second Screen Only - Please note this will only show up on one screen
- If the selected option is on Duplicate - Please change to PC Screen only. This will turn off one of your screens then follow step 4
- Change the screen to Duplicate which should show both of your screens duplicated
A known error with Microsoft powerpoint is to make the screen go in extended mode when exiting full screen.
To prevent this from happening, please follow the steps below.
- Open your PowerPoint and find the Slideshow tab at the top.
- Untick the Use Presenter View under the monitor section (3rd along from the left)
Please let us know if this article helped or if there is any changes we can make to improve it. If you have anything to add please let us know by emailing your schools' relative help desk links.